This position is responsible for directing OmniAir Consortium, Inc.’s technology programs. This person will manage OmniAir’s device testing and certification programs for V2X connected vehicle and tolling technologies. Additionally, he or she will perform program management for OmniAir’s USDOT-funded contracts.
As a small trade association, with an expanding connected vehicle device certification program, the successful candidate must be able to embrace change and be willing to ask questions and look for ways to refine, simplify, and make processes smarter and leaner. We are not a start-up but are looking for a person that can thrive in a small work group, whether working in the D.C. office or working remotely anywhere in the country.
The successful candidate will serve as liaison to OmniAir’s certification and technical working groups, test laboratories, and vendors seeking device certification.
The person in this role will report directly to OmniAir’s Executive Director and will interface at senior levels internally and externally (with OmniAir Members, customers, and government officials).
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing all aspects of OmniAir’s government-funded projects for Connected Vehicle and RFID device testing.
• Administer OmniAir’s device testing and certification program for RFID toll tags and readers.
• Help develop and administer OmniAir’s Connected Vehicle Certification program.
• Writing proposals for government funded projects and industry cooperative research; reviewing proposals for technical merit and completeness.
• Identifying, proposing, and implementing new revenue generating projects in advanced technology areas such as vehicle connectivity, vehicle automation, cybersecurity, etc.
• Staff OmniAir’s Technical and Certification Working Groups.
• Contributing to the achievement of OmniAir’s organizational goals.
• Additional projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Five years of demonstrated engineering experience and knowledge of automotive or wireless communications technology.
• Proven hands-on experience in vehicle connectivity (or related) technology.
• Experience with program management for federally-funded contracts.
• Work experience with device certification, laboratory testing, and standards organizations preferred.
• Work experience with trade associations or other membership organizations welcome.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to review and evaluate laboratory reports.
• Budget planning and forecasting experience.
• Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Web, MS Office Suite, MS Project.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Overnight travel is required, estimated at 25%.
About OmniAir Consortium, Inc.
OmniAir Consortium is the leading industry association promoting interoperability and certification in ITS, tolling, and connected vehicles. OmniAir’s membership includes public agencies, private sector companies, research institutions, and independent test labs. Learn more about OmniAir at www.omniair.org.
To apply for this position
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OmniAir Consortium, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.