OmniAir is preparing to launch the first ever DSRC-based vehicle-to-everything (V2X) device certification program. Before launch, Omniair will qualify the test systems and equipment that will be utilized by OmniAir-approved Test Laboratories (OATL) for device testing. The work performed is designed to refine and finalize our test policies and procedures per 2016 standards and 2017 security certificates.
Following the official launch of OmnAir’s Connected Vehicle Device Certification Program, other test equipment providers and laboratories have an opportunity to participate. This demonstration project is for test equipment and test system providers with market-ready solutions.
Test equipment system providers that are OmniAir members are encouraged to participate and submit their qualifications. The goal is to achieve test equipment systems validation for use in an authorized test laboratory for connected vehicle device conformance.
Submissions are due no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
The successful candidate(s) must demonstrate device testing with the test equipment capabilities and conformance based on 2016 standards with SCMS/CAMP quality certificates. OmniAir may consider Plugfest certificates as a substitute. Applicants must be ready to submit an application and have the test equipment audited at their facility (if not portable) starting July 5, 2017.
- Must be an OmniAir member in good standing.
- Bench DSRC test equipment system to validate OmniAir Release 1 test plan or specific functionality per 2016 standards and requirements; field test equipment is optional but highly desirable.
- Comprehend IEEE and SAE DRSC standards per 2016 revision, USDOT device (OBU & RSU) requirements and SAE J2735 message decoding (BSM & WSA mandatory and others plus).
- Provide data sheet and user manual of test equipment system.
- Provide testing functionality coverage matrix regarding standards verifying and validation process used.
- Demonstrated testing capabilities and provide test report samples for both OBE and RSE devices or specific functionality.
- Auditable and maintaining capability of evolving DSRC technology.
- Maintain OmniAir membership and requirements including plugfest participation and technical committees/activities.
Interested test tool providers are invited to submit technical proposals. All submissions shall be treated as confidential. The audit and certification fee is $10,000.00 for a system or $5,000.00 for a specific test tool; plus, travel costs.
OmniAir staff to host a conference call for interested test equipment providers at 11 a.m. EDT on Thursday, June 15, 2017. Questions must be submitted in writing no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
Written questions are encouraged before the call. OmniAir to share queries and responses with all participating laboratories on the call.
Interested parties can submit questions and receive the dial-in number by emailing Jason Conley. (firstname.lastname@example.org)