C-V2X Certification Workshop!
June 27, 2019 9:00 am
OmniAir will be offering several informative Q&A discussions around the country this summer to keep the conversation going about the important work surrounding connected and automated vehicles.
On June 27, OmniAir Consortium® will kick off this summer series with a C-V2X Certification Workshop at their Silicon Valley location in Milpitas, California.
OmniAir launched its first certification program, for RFID tolling devices in 2012. Since 2017, OmniAir has offered the world’s only comprehensive certification program for DSRC-V2X devices. In order to meet the needs to the growing market for C-V2X, OmniAir is developing a program, in cooperation with stakeholders, to certify C-V2X devices for conformance and interoperability.
This workshop is an opportunity to help shape OmniAir’s C-V2X Certification Program, which we plan to launch later this year. This is a roll-up your sleeves workshop to help kick-start the effort to develop the policies and test specifications for this important program.
Who should attend?
Device manufacturers, Tier One suppliers, OEMs, deploying agencies, chipset manufacturers, test labs, test equipment providers, and others interested in contributing to the development of a robust certification program for C-V2X devices.
Visit our event website for additional information and to register.
9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Steve Novosad, Vice President, HNTB Corporation, Chair, OmniAir Consortium
- Leslie Bai, Vice President, Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc.
- OmniAir Overview
- Jason Conley, Executive Director, OmniAir Consortium
- C-V2X Marketplace – A Global Perspective
- Jim Misener, Senior Director, Product Management, Qualcomm
- C-V2X Technology Overview
- Jim Lansford, Director, Technical Standards, Qualcomm
- Sean Maschue, Principal Engineer, Qualcomm
- Laszlo Virag, Chief Technology Officer, Commsignia, Inc.
- Paul Sakamoto, Chief Operations Officer, Savri
- Proposed Test Plan and Specifications
- Randy Roebuck, Vice President, Engineering & Technology Programs, OmniAir Consortium
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Stakeholder feedback session
- Moderated by Mike Brown, Southwest Research Institute, OmniAir Technical Working Group Chair
Seating is extremely limited! A majority of the seats are reserved for OmniAir members. Please purchase your ticket early to guarantee your seat at the table. For more information about the event, or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ryan Hall.
The Bureau Veritas facility is conveniently located five miles from the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC). The fare for the 15-minute ride via Uber or Lyft is approximately $20.00.
About OmniAir Consortium:
OmniAir Consortium is the leading industry association promoting interoperability and certification in ITS, tolling, and connected vehicles. OmniAir’s membership includes public agencies, private companies, research institutions, and independent test laboratories. Learn more about OmniAir at www.omniair.org.