1. C-V2X Device Certification – OmniAir will offer certification for C-V2X (LTE-V2X PC5) devices, including On-Board Units (OBUs) and Roadside Units (RSUs), ensuring those devices conform with industry standards and meet minimal interoperability and security requirements. OmniAir is in the process of qualifying test equipment and authorizing test laboratories. Advanced reservations are available now, with device testing expected to begin in late February.
2. Multi-Protocol RFID Tolling Certification – OmniAir’s Tolling Working Group is developing a certification testing program for multi-protocol RFID tags and readers. OmniAir will offer independent, third-party testing and certification for tri-protocol (TDM, SeGo, and 6C) tags and readers, ensuring conformance and interoperability. Certification testing is expected to open by late Q1.
3. Authorized Field Test Site Program – OmniAir is launching a new program to audit and authorize field test sites to perform field testing for connected vehicles and tolling. OmniAir’s Board approved the program’s guidelines in December. The program is expected to roll out in Q2.
4. LTE-V2X Module Certification – OmniAir’s Certification Working Group, is developing a new program for the testing and certification of PC5 modules. This new certification program will build on OmniAir’s LTE-V2X radio certification program. This program is expected to launch in Q4.
5. V2X Application Testing – OmniAir’s Application Testing Sub-Group is developing a new testing and certification program focused on V2X applications. The initial focus is on Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) based applications, with a target of offering certification by late Q4.
6. V2X-based Tolling and Road Usage Charging – OmniAir will be launching a new initiative to address testing and certification of message sets for V2X-based tolling and road usage charging. OmniAir will host a workshop and stakeholder engagement to begin this process early in the year.
In addition, OmniAir is planning a series of webinars and workshops for our members to help advance these initiatives. We are also planning Plugfests, building on the success of our OmniAir Global Plugfest last fall.
To participate in each of these activities, you must be an OmniAir Member. To learn more about OmniAir Membership benefits, please contact Ryan Hall, Senior Director of Business Development, or visit our website and apply today.